Singapore community pet portal dedicated to pets lovers of dogs, cats, hamsters, fishes, terrapins, rabbits, guinea pigs and more!
Dogs Channel Cats Channel Hamsters Channel Guinea Pigs Channel Terrapins Channel Fishes Channel Rabbits Channel
Sign In    My Pets    My Photos    My Mailbox     My Forums    My Adoptions    Join as Member   
Home » Forum

OWNER
 michyloh

Tyler

Member's Profile

michyloh's Profile

Naughty Tyler

Active
Pet Photos (4) Posts (50) Visits (140) Reviews (2)
Joined Jun 13, 2011 06:11 PM
Last Post Oct 12, 2011 05:12 PM
Last Visit Feb 2, 2014 10:35 PM
Location Singapore, Choa Chu Kang Singapore
Gender Female

michyloh's Pets
View Tyler's Profile
Tyler

michyloh's Post Statistics
michyloh has contributed to 50 posts out of 269,486 total posts (0.02%) in 1,178 days (0.04 posts per day)

Recently submitted Shoppe Place reviews:

Jun 15, 2011 » Ericsson Pet Farm Pte Ltd » i hate tht place. staff are not helpful at all. price sky h...
   Jun 15, 2011 » Toa Payoh Vets » Dr Vannesa is an excellent vet. She's very responsible and helpful to ...

Recently created topics:

Oct 12, 2011 » Doggie News & Discussions » need advice on bringing pet for short trip. (Total replies: 7)
Sep 16, 2011 » Announcements, Lost n Found » Lost Maltese near Paya Lebar (Total replies: 10)
Jul 1, 2011 » Commands & Trainings » Needs help in toilet training my pups (Total replies: 8)
Jun 20, 2011 » Grooming & Styles » DIY Grooming (Total replies: 11)
Jun 15, 2011 » Health, Conditions & Diseases » Pale gum, pink tongue. Maltese (Total replies: 11)

Recently submitted posts:

Doggie News & Discussions » need advice on bringing pet for short trip. Oct 12, 2011 05:12 PM (Total replies: 7)
Have anyone of you tried bringing your dogs to Malaysia for short trip (3-4days) and bring them back to Singapore? I’ve heard things like bringing into Malaysia would not be a problem. But bringing it back to Singapore is not possible. And what’s with the pet passport thing?

How much percentage of pets will kena retain at Singapore custom?

I really need to know as I really want to bring my pet for trip. Kindly share your experience with me and also the procedures that have to be done beforehand?

Commands & Trainings » Anyone heard of sunny chong dog training school ? Sep 26, 2011 05:37 PM (Total replies: 20)
ive seen them training dogs next to pet safari at vivo. hmmmm save ur money watch dog whisperer better. cz i've seen them teaching puppy to walk on leash. the trainer just drag the puppy instead of encourage it to walk on its own.

Announcements, Lost n Found » Lost Maltese near Paya Lebar Sep 20, 2011 04:15 PM (Total replies: 10)
if tht's the case. kindly look out for it also. sigh. i have 2 pups my own. i know how she feels right now.

Announcements, Lost n Found » Lost Maltese near Paya Lebar Sep 20, 2011 03:58 PM (Total replies: 10)
u mean my friend is ur neighbour? LOLLL according to my friend her dog is very fierce.

Doggie News & Discussions » corgis Sep 20, 2011 03:32 PM (Total replies: 5)
Hi,

Just FYI heard corgi is not allowed in HDB. mayb u wanna check tht first?

Diet, Nutrition & Supplements » Puppy Getting Skinnier Sep 20, 2011 11:52 AM (Total replies: 11)
not a good sign. please bring it to vet ASAP for a general check up? and ask for vet opinions???!

Announcements, Lost n Found » Lost Maltese near Paya Lebar Sep 20, 2011 07:07 AM (Total replies: 10)
Yes!!!!! Pls help her find!

Announcements, Lost n Found » Lost Maltese near Paya Lebar Sep 16, 2011 05:49 PM (Total replies: 10)
now can view??! Please help. it's male maltese. quite fierce according to owner. he wont allow ppl to touch it.

Announcements, Lost n Found » Lost Maltese near Paya Lebar Sep 16, 2011 05:15 PM (Total replies: 10)
Hi Guys,

My friend's maltese had just ran away from home. Please help her to find her furkid!!!

Thank You!!

Diet, Nutrition & Supplements » Wellness dog food Aug 10, 2011 10:28 AM (Total replies: 5)
as u mentioned it's a puppy right? get the pup formula the small pack. as it wont last too long also.

Housing, Apparels & Accessories » Dog shaver Aug 10, 2011 10:09 AM (Total replies: 16)
They call it clipper. u can get it from pet shop or online pet shop. can try andis. around $200+

Behaviour & Play » When can puppies go out? Aug 5, 2011 03:07 PM (Total replies: 3)
i brought my puppies out 1 week after the 3rd vacination. and hand carry them out when they had 2nd vacinne. Vets advice to bring pups out when they had all 3 vaccines done.

Behaviour & Play » Why my puppy pee correctly on the pee tray but poo all over the floor?? Aug 1, 2011 02:58 PM (Total replies: 13)
i have 2 maltese pups and toilet training them was such horrified thing to do when both my husband and i are not home 50% of the time. I would say they are quite well toilet trained now. as i found their pee and poo are all on the pee tray. it takes time to correct ur pup especially the first month u brought it home. be patience and firm. make sure u say "NO" when u catch it doing something wrong. bring her to pee tray whenever u see her showing signs of peeing or pooing. and when she does it on the tray or paper make sure u praise it. keep repeating good girl/boy with high pitch voice.

alot of ppl have been telling me toilet training 2 pups at the same time is tough, but we stay really firm to them beat them when they're wrong and treat them when they are doing well, they are toilet train within 3 weeks.
and when u caught it eating poo u must say no and gently beat her mouth and point at her say no again. eventually, she will know it's not a correct thing to do. i did tht to 1 of my pup when i found him eating his own poo. and it works for me. puppies are very smart. they will show tricks to avoid getting scold or beat. but u must be very firm or else it will take u forever to toilet train it.

GOOD LUCK

Diet, Nutrition & Supplements » Puppy food: How often should I feed? Should I change food often? Jul 28, 2011 03:02 PM (Total replies: 39)
puppy consider "adult" around 1 year. 6 months young adult. this is what the vet has told me! ... =)

Diet, Nutrition & Supplements » Puppy food: How often should I feed? Should I change food often? Jul 27, 2011 06:00 PM (Total replies: 39)
i like to mix my kibbles with different brand with different ingredient so that my pups wont be fussy eater. and also at the same time they get different nutrient from combination of different kibbles.
u should feed him twice a day. some just feed once a day. It's up to u how many meals u wanna feed. make sure the amount u feed is not too much or lil. means if u feed once, then give him the portion he needs for a day. if feed twice split the portion to 2 meals.
there's bowl available to control puppy feeding speed. can check with pet store. u can soak with water but not with milk every meal. cz he will be fussy eater later. he wont eat without milk.

Behaviour & Play » Pampered Dog Jul 6, 2011 07:54 PM (Total replies: 29)
U must keep trying till she wants to do it. Cz now she already used to when she refuses to walk u will carry her. U must be more firm as in ur pitch needs to be real low. Cz dogs don't catch the word u trying to tell her in just a few days but rather u differentiate it by high pitch to praise her and low pitch when she's doing something wrong. Just keep trying! Don't drag her cz u might hurt her.

Good luck!!!!

Behaviour & Play » Pampered Dog Jul 5, 2011 11:02 PM (Total replies: 29)
obviously u kena bully by ur dog. and dont under estimate how smart they are.

ur dog knows tht u will carry it when she refuses to walk. so she goes: "i aint gonna walk on my own, cz mama will carry me!!!"

u need to be more strict and tell her that u're leading the walk! i used to have a bull mastiff and when she doesnt feel like walking she will just sit or rather lying on the ground and i dont know how to tell her to walk with me cz she was huge. i keep pulling the leash and hoping that she will walk... but doesnt work!!

i think u must be more firm when giving instructions. and agree with waltz u must not look at her when u pull the leash as she realized she doesnt get the attention she's expecting eventually she will just follow.

GOOD LUCK

Doggie News & Discussions » Looking for information in buying or adopting a maltese Jul 5, 2011 10:46 PM (Total replies: 11)
Hi Sowen,

the price u stated above are more or less the same.
u can check with the pet suppliers what are the basics to buy for puppies. and u need really good shampoo for white coat maltese. i bought mine from PLC the shampoo is $80+... but no choice i dont wan them to look yellowish.

as for dry food. im switching my pup's diet from Science Diet to Wellness i bought it $50+ from pet store. u can get it cheaper online. actually for supplies prices u can google it. online supplies are always cheaper than buying it from store. i feed them nutrition gel daily so that they get better appetite and additional vitamins. and i bought different treats to train them on tricks and potty training so that they wont get bored of training and they wont be fussy eater.

there are a long list what to buy if u're first time pet owner, too many to name it here but u can always check with the pet supplies. and u need good carrier too. a good one costs around $80 above. u need ear drop as well to prevent ear infection, and u need to pluck off hair that grow in their ears which u see it when u flip it over.

and the list go on forever... anyways, there's actually nothin much to really worry about once u get/adopt ur pup. cz i tend to worry alot too before my pup come home. but i slowly learn from forum, some online pet encyclopedia etc etc. i did some research before hand so i dont panic if anything happened.

i know u will be a good owner as u bother to learn and share ur worries or anxiety on forum before u actually purchase/adopt one.

GOOD LUCK in picking up ur furkid!!

Doggie News & Discussions » Looking for information in buying or adopting a maltese Jul 5, 2011 03:04 PM (Total replies: 11)
Hi SoWen,
Im an owner of 2 maltese pups. I bought them from pet farm. Just wanna share my experience with u!
I would advice u to check with SPCA if there’s any malteses available for adoption. If there’s pls do check with SPCA about the maltese health condition. Adoption is definitely cheaper than buying one. But, u might suay suay get the one with health condition, unless u don’t mind spending money treating it. There must be a reason why ppl abandon their dogs. U must think carefully! The pro for adoption would be most prolly they are well toilet trained so u don’t have to worry about u dog pee or poo any where at home and most prolly they are adult dogs 6 months above so they are more “maltured” nt so playful compared to pups.

Buying one doesn’t mean they don’t have any health issues but at least u buy a pup since young the bond of u and the pup will be stronger. There will be hell loads of training u need to go through with ur pup like what im still learning to teach them now. Toilet training is such a headache thing to do!!

Be ready to spend at least $50 per month on 1 dog or mayb more. Most maltese born with tear stains problem (genetic issue). 1 of my pup has serious tear stain issue! U need to use cotton bud to gently wipe off tear stain for them. =( anyway, grooming them can cost a lot too, maltese require grooming at least once every 3 months. Cz their hair will keep growing if u don’t cut them (just like human hair), but Im learning to do it all by myself!! And DIY wont come cheap too. Cz u need all the basic grooming tools. Just comb itself u need 3! 1 for shredding, 1 for teasing (to make them fluff), 1 normal metal comb for dog which I use it for daily combing to prevent matting. But of cz if u don’t mind ur maltese look a bit messy u can skip all troublesome steps la. “There’s no ugly dog in these world, only lazy owner makes them look ugly” HAHA.

Aside that, u will need to send it for vaccination, sterilization (optional), general check up, dental check especially maltese and etc which involve cash!! And of cz u must feed them well, good dry food don’t come cheap. Besides food, u need to feed it vitamins and also something like tear stain solution which don’t come cheap!

There are plenty things to learn and need to do for them since they cant do it by themselves! Do consider properly before u getting one.

Im just sharing my own experience, and of cz how u wanna do it, it’s completely up to u! hope this is helpful.

Commands & Trainings » Needs help in toilet training my pups Jul 5, 2011 02:22 PM (Total replies: 8)
exactly!!!
my friend had taught me a way of training them. when we catch them for not peeing / pooing on pee tray we need to scold "NO" and beat on the thigh then place them on pee tray by telling them pee pee here.

it works for her pups. but i've been trying the same way, seems like they know it but reluctant to follow our instructions. eventually they thought we wan them to be on the pee tray whenever we scold them.

they misunderstood what we want!!! LOLLL!!

Viewed 1,100 times.

567 ms
Return to Top

SHOPPE PLACE

Looking for pet shops / clinics?

About Us    |    Advertise    |    Contact Us   

Copyright © 2004-2014 Pets Channel All rights reserved   
Your use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use.