Singapore community pet portal dedicated to pets lovers of dogs, cats, hamsters, fishes, terrapins, rabbits, guinea pigs and more!
Dogs Channel Cats Channel Hamsters Channel Guinea Pigs Channel Terrapins Channel Fishes Channel Rabbits Channel
Sign In    My Pets    My Photos    My Mailbox     My Forums    My Adoptions    Join as Member   
Home » Forum

OWNER
 zephyr9779

Benny Xobile Setho

PetSmart

Member's Profile

zephyr9779's Profile

Active
Pet Photos (1) Posts (99) Visits (367) Reviews (3)
Joined Apr 10, 2007 10:41 PM
Last Post Nov 29, 2011 10:25 PM
Last Visit Nov 29, 2011 11:20 PM
Location Singapore, Sengkang Singapore
Gender Female
Intro Topic A penny for your thoughts, Benny?

zephyr9779's Pets
View Benny Xobile Setho's Profile
Benny Xobile Setho

zephyr9779's Post Statistics
zephyr9779 has contributed to 99 posts out of 270,089 total posts (0.04%) in 2,789 days (0.04 posts per day)

Recently submitted Shoppe Place reviews:

Aug 28, 2007 » The Joyous Vet » The reception staff are quite friendly but the best personality is Dr ...
   Jul 13, 2007 » Doggy Friend » I love their incredible friendliness, cheerfulness and willingness to pl...
   May 4, 2007 » US Doggie Bakery (USDB) » Cool stuff. Small store in compass point but service is good ...

Recently created topics:

Nov 29, 2011 » Content Quarantine » Secure Access (Private)

Recently submitted posts:

Content Quarantine » Secure Access
This message was posted in a secure forum. Click here to access the topic where message was posted.

Content Quarantine » Secure Access
This message was posted in a secure forum. Click here to access the topic where message was posted.

Pets Channel 2nd Birthday Bash! » SPC Birthday Party 1st Jul 07; Fort Canning Park (sign up list & food list) Jun 27, 2007 01:15 PM (Total replies: 700)
I'm number 17.
Benny, my corgi, won't be able to make it. No car and since we are also rushing from church very hard to be there before 2.30pm....

So, please help me to amend it...to just me and hubby with the kueh. =)
We're going to try to be there by 1.30pm (guess i won't make it for the goodie bag...boohoo!!!)
Sorry, we brining the food late but eating will be happening throughout the event yes???? =)

See ya'll.

Introduce Yourself and Your Pets » Elisha May 2, 2007 08:41 PM (Total replies: 13)
Very cute....wah. I had hamsters before...both dwaf and syrian.

Dwarves are just so comical...hihi! Welcome!

Commands & Trainings » How do I stop them from tearing up the newspaper? May 2, 2007 08:39 PM (Total replies: 74)
Benny loved to shred newspaper. I taught him to stop by doing the following:

( Make sure you have time and patience and a good book to read)
1). Benny is left in the kitchen with the baby gate shut. I pretend to leave the house by opening and closing the main door of the house.
2) I then silently wait out of wight and start reading my book.
3) Usually I'd hear a small bit of whining...then another 5 to 10 mins later...the newspaper shredding starts.
4) I then jump up and correct him, while catching him red handed in action.

I repeated this about 5 times...each time he tried to do it, but took a long period cos he is waiting to make sure i'm out of the house I guess.

Now benny very rarely shreds newspapers and it happens only when I'm gone like the whole day and even then, he tears like 2 strips and stops. haha.

You can also use a walkie-talkie if you can't stay out of sight but within hearing distance to catch him. Or better still....a hidden camera. hahaha!

Introduce Yourself and Your Pets » If you're Happy and u know it, wag your tail! May 2, 2007 08:30 PM (Total replies: 13)
Hello....!

What a relaxed looking mosiac of pictures....!

Introduce Yourself and Your Pets » Nao Nao in da house! May 2, 2007 08:29 PM (Total replies: 16)
Hi!

Nice looking kitty!!!!

Behaviour & Play » Pay attention to your electrical wires! May 2, 2007 08:22 PM (Total replies: 16)
Wow, the cost and formidable.

Looks like Benny is a good boy. haha. He chewed mainly on the pee tray and some wood parts of my kitchen. After using up alot of our patience (bitter apple doesn't work on him) he finally learnt wood isn't a good thing to chew.

Now i leave him 3 different nylon bones out all the time. And he has 4 other rubber toys around the house.

He stopped doing the whole destructive chewing thing when he was ard 8 months old. LUCKY US!

Pets Channel 2nd Birthday Bash! » Have you got your Pets Channel T-shirt? May 2, 2007 05:51 PM (Total replies: 13)
Will Pets Channel consider making species specific T-shirts? Like Dog only...cat only, etc....

Behaviour & Play » Your dogs favourite things to "steal"? May 2, 2007 05:22 PM (Total replies: 69)
Benny loves to steal other dogs' treats that are on the floor. Haha...if you aren't watching, he'll sneak in and swiftly chomp it up.

Corgis...food motivated!

Health, Conditions & Diseases » Ticks and fleas Apr 30, 2007 12:08 PM (Total replies: 295)
That's interesting.

Sounds like it could be the same effect salt has on leeches...

Commands & Trainings » Nugi tray Apr 27, 2007 05:18 PM (Total replies: 50)
I'm glad there is so many good reviews...haha, guess benny's just the different one.

Commands & Trainings » Nugi tray Apr 25, 2007 09:08 PM (Total replies: 50)
It looks similar to the Yogi? Basically a tray where the cover is a mesh.

If your baby is like mine ...haha, its not going to work.

1) Benny is a obsessive chewer. He kept gnawing and gnawing. The mesh part was often gnawed to the point where he would yank it off the tray even after he peed and pooed...so the mess is bigger.

2) I believe he learnt this because he was bought from a pet store. In the cages the puppies are kept. the floor is a mesh screen. The puppies learn to nose the crap around until it falls through. Well, that's what Benny learnt to do...he nosed his poo around so when he pooed on the mesh screen, it left little bits in the mesh...harder to clean.

Ultimately we now use it without the mesh piece...and he has given up chewing the rest of the tray. haha....so well, hope you don't have to go through what i did.

Introduce Yourself and Your Pets » Oreo and Jingle are such babes! Apr 24, 2007 09:58 PM (Total replies: 25)
SO SMALL!?!?!?!?!!

Allo!!!!

Health & Diet » Life expectancy for a hamster...and the sadness that comes later Apr 24, 2007 08:45 PM (Total replies: 12)
I had dwarves and syrian hamsters before. Dwarves are cuter and less stinky but harder to tame. Syrians are much much much easier to tame and they tend to test whether can bite first b4 they launch in while dwarves tend to bite anyway.

I love them all...and i had about 10 altogether over a span of about 5 years. They provided much fun and laughter and each had its own character. I loved each and every one of them.

I have to admit that I cried the hardest for the first 2 that passed away. I think its the shock of loss that I never really experienced before. It doesn't get much easier when the rest one by one passed on...i think that was why we stopped having the hammies.

=(
But dogs passing away is that much harder. U spend more time with them and also more personal contact. I still cry when I think of the day that my first dog passed away. She was such a dear.

I just pray that Benny has a good and healthy life even in his golden years.

Health, Conditions & Diseases » Undescended Testicle, Need Advices Apr 23, 2007 02:59 PM (Total replies: 70)
It is untrue that neutered males will become fat, etc. etc. Benny is still active and fine. He doesn't mark and that is one of the biggest bonuses. How low their energy levels is more affected by the environment. As long as you play and exercise with them, they should be fine.

My dog is neutered and I would suggest neutering pet dogs unless you are a professional breeder. Neutering them will curb the behaviour of marking and aggression. Moreover, they would go all nuts on u when u pass by a female that is in heat.

Neutering the male (or female) will also prevent cancer of the reproductive organs before they manifest.

=)

Behaviour & Play » After Shower Behaviour Apr 23, 2007 02:47 PM (Total replies: 45)
Ooo...Benny does that too. I don't wet his face during the shower just moist the top of his head only.

After the shower, he gets a towel down, then a short blow dry...then we play catching where he runs and runs and runs and runs and runs and runs and runs and runs.

I attribute it to the fact that they feel cooler and are able to sustain a longer period of hyperactivity. Besides, slipping on the wet paws is also a fun experience for them. haha! (just make sure to slow them down so they don't sprain their ankles.)

Pets Channel 2nd Birthday Bash! » SPC Birthday Party 1st Jul 07; Fort Canning Park (sign up list & food list) Apr 22, 2007 05:16 PM (Total replies: 700)
wah.....i so embarrassed. I'm Hokkien too leh. can tok, but solly lah, spelling is another thing eh?

Thanks!

Pets Channel 2nd Birthday Bash! » SPC Birthday Party 1st Jul 07; Fort Canning Park (sign up list & food list) Apr 22, 2007 05:07 PM (Total replies: 700)
Pls update for me (i'm number 18.)
I'll be bringing Kuay. (not sure how to spell....)

Pets Channel 2nd Birthday Bash! » SPC Birthday Party 1st Jul 07; Fort Canning Park (sign up list & food list) Apr 19, 2007 12:38 PM (Total replies: 700)
thanks....
I sure hope to figure out a way to bring Benny over for him to make some new friends...

Viewed 1,508 times.

415 ms
Return to Top

SHOPPE PLACE

Looking for pet shops / clinics?

About Us    |    Advertise    |    Contact Us   

Copyright © 2004-2014 Pets Channel All rights reserved   
Your use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use.