Singapore community pet portal dedicated to pets lovers of dogs, cats, hamsters, fishes, terrapins, rabbits, guinea pigs and more!
Dogs Channel Cats Channel Hamsters Channel Guinea Pigs Channel Terrapins Channel Fishes Channel Rabbits Channel
Sign In    My Pets    My Photos    My Mailbox     My Forums    My Adoptions    Join as Member   
Home » Forum

OWNER
 zerbel

PINKY

PetSmart

Member's Profile

zerbel's Profile

you reap what you sow

Pet Photos (1) Posts (12) Visits (40) Reviews (2)
Joined Feb 1, 2009 08:42 PM
Last Post Jun 17, 2013 05:47 PM
Last Visit Aug 21, 2013 02:00 AM
Location Singapore, Bedok Singapore
Gender Female

zerbel's Pets
View PINKY's Profile
PINKY

zerbel's Post Statistics
zerbel has contributed to 12 posts out of 269,667 total posts (0.00%) in 2,070 days (0.01 posts per day)

Recently submitted Shoppe Place reviews:

Feb 17, 2011 » Beary » GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE AND SUPER EFFICIENT! Try her very best to help me and a...
   Dec 26, 2010 » Urban Pooch Cafe » Huge disappointment! The place is dark, dusty, stinky, and worst, ho...

Recently created topics:

Jun 12, 2013 » Health, Conditions & Diseases » Any good and cheap scaling for dogs in the East? (Total replies: 9)
Sep 13, 2012 » Diet, Nutrition & Supplements » Where to get mooncakes for dogs? (Total replies: 6)
Sep 13, 2012 » Behaviour & Play » Aggressive behaviour with my JRT (Total replies: 7)
Aug 10, 2012 » Health, Conditions & Diseases » Need urgent vet recommendation for spaying my dog between these 2 vets! (Total replies: 18)

Recently submitted posts:

Health, Conditions & Diseases » Any good and cheap scaling for dogs in the East? Jun 17, 2013 05:47 PM (Total replies: 9)
Quote: East area i dont know but in the West area, my gal just done her dental cleaning with her groomer. 80 bucks for 1 session , no bleeding but I dont know its clean or not , cause i havent check her teeth, later shall do it but her groomer commented her teeth , quite ok cuz easy to clean.

Ran
--- Original message by ranchu003 on Jun 17, 2013 05:15 PM
I'm looking for scaling not just the cleaning.

Anyway, I've decided to go with The Animal Clinic (Katong) with Dr June Tan.

Anybody has any encounter to share about the above clinic/DR?

Thank you.

Health, Conditions & Diseases » Any good and cheap scaling for dogs in the East? Jun 17, 2013 11:05 AM (Total replies: 9)
Hey Gretel, I called them and unfortunately, they do not do basic blood test there.
I wanna get a blood test done before proceeding to scaling

Health, Conditions & Diseases » Any good and cheap scaling for dogs in the East? Jun 17, 2013 11:04 AM (Total replies: 9)
Hey dear, without GA?

How is that possible to do without GA? Wouldnt the dog either be in pain or discomfort??

Health, Conditions & Diseases » Any good and cheap scaling for dogs in the East? Jun 12, 2013 01:59 PM (Total replies: 9)
Dear all,

As above. My dog has a horrible set of teeth and I adopted him 2 yrs back only to realize it will possesses health threat.

I've called up on Amber Vet and they quoted me a $375-$420 range for scaling, whereby AAVC quoted $108-$118.
Not sure why such a HUGE price diff. Anybody knows why?

Would appreciate some recommendation for scaling so I can hopefully pick the right vet for my JRT soon.

Thanks all!

Behaviour & Play » Aggressive behaviour with my JRT Sep 13, 2012 10:50 PM (Total replies: 7)
Hi guys,

Thanks for the response!!

However here's some replies to it.

He does swing his toys/map to play when he's happy and that's when someone comes home. But the usual time he did it, it was different expression. It's more fierce and angry kind of action. And he's allow on bed to sleep with me. I guess most owners allow that and shouldn't be the cause of his aggressive behaviour as I've seen friends doing so with no problem with it. But when i'm angry with him, I'll ask him to get off the bed, he does listen and get down but he'll start the swing/growl thing again. When I say "stop/no" he will do that too. And yes, it's aggressive bcos I can't touch/walk to him if he does that. He will show teeth, run off, and the cycle continues. I'll have to ignore him then he will eventually stop doing so on its own. There's no way I can get near him when he does that.

As for the peeing issue, I've did what is advise here, and some dog trainers on what to do. And there's no point scolding him too much bcos usually when I realise there's pee, it's already many hours later since he only does that when I'm out. I tried to lock the room so he only get access in the living room and kitchen when no one's home. But still, he pees right at the door step or my chairs. Scold for 2yrs alr, still like that

My JRT doesn't have the common "humble" dog kind of behaviour. Some dogs after you scold them, or you threaten to hit them, they will "shrink" or hide. But not him. He turns more aggressive. Growl, bark, show teeth, swinging of stuffs. And you're not allow to say "NO/STOP". It agitates him further.
That's the annoying part.

Diet, Nutrition & Supplements » Where to get mooncakes for dogs? Sep 13, 2012 12:52 AM (Total replies: 6)
Hi, as above!! Thanks in advance!

Behaviour & Play » Aggressive behaviour with my JRT Sep 13, 2012 12:41 AM (Total replies: 7)
I don't know where to start and how to explain this. I've shared with a few friends but they have no idea why is my dog behaving this way and worst, they don't believe what he did and it's causing me confusion. I hope someone can advise here and try to understand what I'm talking about

My dog bites his soft toys/floor map and swing it around aggressively(sometimes he even sprain his own neck and starts whining) while growling whenever I leave the house, enter the toilet, or walk into the room. It could be separation anxiety. But that's only possible when I leave the house. How about when I go to the toilet or enter the room for bed and he's supposed to be sleeping with me. There's no form of separation here so why the aggressiveness?

Anyone encounter this before? I've been living with dogs since i was a child and never encounter such before. Not even separation anxiety with all my previous dogs.
This JRT will deliberately pee on my bed and floor once I'm away.

Other then this issue, he's generally a very obedient dog that listens very well.

So my mum says he's suffering from mental illness Is mental illness possible with dogs?

Health, Conditions & Diseases » Need urgent vet recommendation for spaying my dog between these 2 vets! Aug 13, 2012 12:48 PM (Total replies: 18)
Wow~ was away from this thread for just a day, and here you're making a hoo-haa ventilating your frustration here non stop. Oh wait, did I angered you? I think I probably did since all along my assumption of your frustration was from elsewhere was wrong. Hehe didnt know I could cause so much of an impact on someone that I don't even know of their existence or vice versa.

I realised you have been mentioning, 'WE'.
Please enlighten me, who are the 'WE' you referring to? Bcos I just read through the whole thread again before responding to you. And if my memory serves me well, the rest of the 'WE' that responded here, are helping according to my questions and not digressing.

You mentioned, I'm getting personal. Am I? I din know you actually know what's 'personal' is about.
My questions are simple,
1) TO PICK BETWEEN THE VETS I'VE CHOOSEN.
2) WHY? YOUR PERSONAL EXPERIENCE.

I guess i made it clear and direct for even an intellectual to understand what I'm exactly seeking for here.
So you don't come questioning me 'How can, my dog need to be with me, I can't go off just like that' kind of nosey answers.
Like I said, I know my situation/family/my dog BETTER THAN ANY ONE IN HERE. Not you. You don't come advising me on anything personal. Just answer according to question, YOU GET IT?
You don't need my reasons to have an answer.

I don't give a damn if you reply to thread or you don't. If you want to, at least in my thread, you better make sure you answer my question and not digress. I know pets well enough. I've been living 21yrs with cats/dogs/fishes/terrapins/hamsters etc, you name it, i have it. So don't come in here and act smart with your theory or preaches. Bcos if it looks like I give a damn, please let me know. I don't wanna give off the wrong impression.

And let me make another assumption. You must be thinking why I've been living with pets for my whole life but having difficulty getting a vet now.
I got sick of the usual vet I go to. So, problem?

I don't need to explain further. I'm not obligated to fill you nor anyone here with anything, unless I want to.

So again, if you can't handle my questions, don't digress, and go to somewhere else.

Health, Conditions & Diseases » Need urgent vet recommendation for spaying my dog between these 2 vets! Aug 10, 2012 02:54 PM (Total replies: 18)
Thanks for the advise folks.

My dog is 7-8yrs of age, is it compulsory to let him go through blood test before spaying??

Health, Conditions & Diseases » Need urgent vet recommendation for spaying my dog between these 2 vets! Aug 10, 2012 01:33 PM (Total replies: 18)
What's with all the assumption?

I don't wake up everyday to please you, so I don't see if I owe you any explanation.
But in order to quench your curiosity or ease you on your level of understanding, here you go~

First of all, I'm urgently looking for a vet bcos I wanna get it done before my flight, and at the same time, I could watch him recuperate. NOT URGENTLY WANTS TO SEE HIS TESTICLES BEING CHOP OFF IN SECONDS!
Secondly, even IF i'm not around, my family members are here for him.
Thirdly, my dog is not a one-man dog. He belongs to EVERY SINGLE ONE in the family which can provide support just as much as I do, or even more.
Fourth, I'm urgently looking for one, so to get it done quickly and he could recover before I fly end of next week.
Usually they take less than 5-7days to recover, and surgery would only last 1-2days. I've more than enough time to be with him if i get a vet by today/tomorrow.

If you can't help, then would appreciate you don't ventilate your frustration from elsewhere right here in my thread. Thank you

Health, Conditions & Diseases » Need urgent vet recommendation for spaying my dog between these 2 vets! Aug 10, 2012 12:16 PM (Total replies: 18)
Hi folks,

As i'm flying off next week. I need to get my dog spayed this week/early next week.

Would appreciate if you do the poll for me and state your experience if possible!

Thanks alot

PERSONAL: Flea Market » WTS and WTG dog accessories Oct 22, 2010 02:42 PM (Total replies: 11)
hi would like to purchase your tuxedo suit. Isit suitable for jack russell? My jack russell is slightly smaller size than the one in your dp
And will it cover their butt bcos i'm afraid he will have difficulty poo-ing or dirty the tuxedo.
haha email me
enticing@live.com

Viewed 1,143 times.

349 ms
Return to Top

SHOPPE PLACE

Looking for pet shops / clinics?

About Us    |    Advertise    |    Contact Us   

Copyright © 2004-2014 Pets Channel All rights reserved   
Your use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use.