Singapore community pet portal dedicated to pets lovers of dogs, cats, hamsters, fishes, terrapins, rabbits, guinea pigs and more!
Dogs Channel Cats Channel Hamsters Channel Guinea Pigs Channel Terrapins Channel Fishes Channel Rabbits Channel
Sign In    My Pets    My Photos    My Mailbox     My Forums    My Adoptions    Join as Member   
Home » Forum

OWNER
 Zhang

Xiao Q

PetSmart

Member's Profile

Zhang's Profile

Pet Photos (1) Posts (11) Visits (55) Reviews (0)
Joined Jun 17, 2008 10:20 AM
Last Post Jun 29, 2008 04:58 PM
Last Visit Nov 15, 2011 02:03 AM
Location Singapore, Woodlands Singapore
Gender Female

Zhang's Pets
View Xiao Q's Profile
Xiao Q

Zhang's Post Statistics
Zhang has contributed to 11 posts out of 269,881 total posts (0.00%) in 2,322 days (0.00 posts per day)

Recently submitted Shoppe Place reviews:

Ops, there's none.

Recently created topics:

Jun 20, 2008 » Health, Conditions & Diseases » My GR's immune system prolem (Total replies: 17)
Jun 17, 2008 » Health, Conditions & Diseases » Help! My Golden is having unknown reason fever (Total replies: 6)

Recently submitted posts:

Health, Conditions & Diseases » My GR's immune system prolem Jun 29, 2008 04:58 PM (Total replies: 17)
Hi all,
Really thanks for all your infor!

Health, Conditions & Diseases » My GR's immune system prolem Jun 24, 2008 03:14 PM (Total replies: 17)
Thanks, Junetan!
In your case, addiction is not so good for long term feeding, rite? I am also thinking abt that. I am not so sure what's so diff. btw raw dehydrate and dry food. Have to read more..

Health, Conditions & Diseases » My GR's immune system prolem Jun 24, 2008 03:10 PM (Total replies: 17)
To AY
BTW, what is 'Sang Hwang'?

Health, Conditions & Diseases » My GR's immune system prolem Jun 24, 2008 03:07 PM (Total replies: 17)
Thanks AY! very good and useful informations!
I am feeding my GR with cooked potatoes blended with other veg (like sweet potatoes, carrots, ect) leh... maybe i have to reduce the amount for potato and switch to other vegs.
since i cannot feed grains, what can be her 'main course' besides the pet food (Addiction Raw dehydrate)?

Health, Conditions & Diseases » My GR's immune system prolem Jun 21, 2008 07:07 PM (Total replies: 17)
Thanks for the sharing!
My gr is now on some immune-related medicines and nutrient supplement given by the vet and also on special diet. Now she can eat papaya and carrot.
Will continue to monitor her health. Wish she can recover as time goes.

Health, Conditions & Diseases » My GR's immune system prolem Jun 21, 2008 09:38 AM (Total replies: 17)
Hi cansanz, thank you very much for your advice. Yeah, I will try with my gr.
Seems like that she is getting better after puttng her on special diet.

Health, Conditions & Diseases » My GR's immune system prolem Jun 20, 2008 03:56 PM (Total replies: 17)
My GR has been having on and off fever for almost 2 weeks. After two time visits to a clinic and with no answer to it, I brought my doggy for 2nd opinion (as suggested by some friends from SPC) at ARC yestertoday. After several tests and examination, the vet gave me a quite conclusive answer (though we are not 100 % sure yet): my GR has deficient immune system problem and has to be on special diet from now.
The vet said it is quite commonly seen on the pure breed dog and the symptoms shown varies among dogs. But the sign of fever shown on my gr is rare. This immune-deficiency maybe triggled by her diet. So the vet recommended a prescribed diet for now. He added, we won't see the immediate results, but have to monitor as the time goes:
The prescribed diet:
1. Addiction Raw Dehydrate Figlicious Venison (no grain)
2. No treats like biscuits, snakes, dairy products, bread, etc
3. Add boiled veg (spinach and brocolli), raw carrots for treats
4. Eat fruits like papaya daily

Well, my GR is very fussy eater, she doesn't like veg at all. I tried to feed her with raw carrots, she doesn't even look at it.

Anybody here can share with me on how to take care of the canine's immune system?
Thanks!

Health, Conditions & Diseases » Help! My Golden is having unknown reason fever Jun 17, 2008 08:26 PM (Total replies: 6)
Ok. Good suggestion. I will change to another clinic.

Health, Conditions & Diseases » Help! My Golden is having unknown reason fever Jun 17, 2008 07:42 PM (Total replies: 6)
Well, the vet. did not include the test for distemper because they think the symtons does not look like distemper as she does not discharge pus from eyes and nose. Besides fever, she does not show signs of walking sideways or nodding of head. And when she was fed with medicine, her fever is gone. But when stop using the medicine, her fever seems come back again.

Health, Conditions & Diseases » Help! My Golden is having unknown reason fever Jun 17, 2008 02:09 PM (Total replies: 6)
Thank you, joannewoo for your kind infor.
She is eating well, but she does loose weight (700g for the past one week). Guess she has to be hospitalized since she has been having fever for some time.

Health, Conditions & Diseases » Help! My Golden is having unknown reason fever Jun 17, 2008 10:37 AM (Total replies: 6)
Hello, I am the new member here. Who can kindly help me with my dog's fever?
My pet, a three-year old golden retriever started having fever (40C) since last week. I have brought her to vet clinic three times in a week. The Doc has done blood test, X-ray, heartworm and other tests. But no abnormality was found. She got injections, now under medication. But her fever is on and off. No other symptoms except fever and red-eyes. She is eating well. But very inactive. Lying down all the time except eating time. She got her vacinnation in Martch this year. Will a dog be affected by the disease which she is vacinated againest?
Anybody knows what's the problem? WUu...

Viewed 598 times.

332 ms
Return to Top

SHOPPE PLACE

Looking for pet shops / clinics?

About Us    |    Advertise    |    Contact Us   

Copyright © 2004-2014 Pets Channel All rights reserved   
Your use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use.