Singapore community pet portal dedicated to pets lovers of dogs, cats, hamsters, fishes, terrapins, rabbits, guinea pigs and more!
Dogs Channel Cats Channel Hamsters Channel Guinea Pigs Channel Terrapins Channel Fishes Channel Rabbits Channel
Sign In    My Pets    My Photos    My Mailbox     My Forums    My Adoptions    Join as Member   
Home » Forum

FORUM
 Home
 Search
 Recent Posts
 Latest 50 posts
 Latest 50 topics
 Most Popular Topics
 Most Active Members
 Rules & Regulations
 Banned Members
 HOW TO
  Upload Pet Photos
  Insert Pet Photos into forum posts
  Insert YouTube video into forum posts
  Resize Photos
  Get Photo hosting
  Insert Photos from other websites
  Contact Webmaster

Forum

Singapore Pets Channel Where can I get a doggie wheelchair?, Health, Conditions & Diseases, Kennels (Dogs)
Forum Home » Kennels (Dogs) » Health, Conditions & Diseases » Where can I get a doggie wheelchair?
  Pages 1 2 3 >

Where can I get a doggie wheelchair?
(23 replies)
poulet
Nov 27, 2007 10:29 PM  
Post #1 of 24

Singapore Bedok

Since Nov 27, 2007
11 posts
My rottweiler is suffering from advanced hip dysplasia and is rapidly losing the use of her rear legs. I am looking to get a doggie wheelchair for her, so that I can still take her for walks. Is there someone who makes them here in Singapore? Please help if you can.

Greger
Nov 27, 2007 10:58 PM  
Post #2 of 24

Healthy dogs don't visit the vet frequent.
Guru

Singapore Braddell

Since Dec 4, 2006
1,813 posts
U got to e-mail to ricky from ASD for address. They have one dog which they custom made the wheel for one half paralyzed dog in ASD. The last time I ask him for a dog size of a cocker spaniel dog is more thatn 500+. For a rotti be prepared more than that.

vivianlee
Nov 28, 2007 12:04 PM  
Post #3 of 24

live life to the fullest.... :)
Regular

Singapore Paya Lebar

Since Sep 24, 2007
159 posts
If it's going to be that expensive to custom make, you may wish to consider getting a tricycle of which you can place the dog at the rear/front of the tricycle. I was actually checking those out, and one costs around $350.

Alternatively, if you already have a bicycle, you can get an "attachment" that can house the dog in. It is meant to be attached to the rear of a bicycle. If I don't remember wrongly, this cost around $400-$500.

Wish you luck!

bluestasia
Nov 28, 2007 02:19 PM  
Post #4 of 24

Angels in my life (past and present)
Senior Moderator

Singapore Bugis

Since Apr 7, 2007
4,698 posts
The option of operation was explored/considered?

My dog also got severe hip dsyplasia and could not walk at all...she was operated on her let hip which was severely arthritric and within days, she regained her mobility....she would be going for op on right hip anytime....catch is mine is a small and young dog so success rate higher....not sure how old is ur dog but for medium size breed, the success rate of op is still ok but that the range of movement of the hip no longer as before....

jtlg78
Nov 28, 2007 08:02 PM  
Post #5 of 24

I am wht I am. Dont like it. Shoo...
Guru

Singapore Boon Keng

Since May 18, 2006
1,763 posts
I think if u can get it custom made it urself, it will save much more and u knw just the right measurements for ur dog. I will think like get BMX bicycle wheels, some steel rods, etc... U can make a wheelchair for ur dog.

poulet
Nov 30, 2007 12:58 PM  
Post #6 of 24

Singapore Bedok

Since Nov 27, 2007
11 posts
Thanks everyone for your very kind suggestions. I have contacted Ricky from ASD and he has given me the contact in the US where Ah Girl's wheelchair was ordered from. I've already placed an order for Ella's wheelchair, but unlike Ah Girl's, Ella's chair is going to be a quad chair so that it supports her entire weight.

The vets are divided in their opinion on whether to put Ella through an operation. One vet suggested a Femoral Head and Neck Excision, but when I sought a second opinion from the vets at Mt Pleasant, they advised against it because of the age and weight of my dog. Ella is 10 years old and she weighs in at 37kg. I put her through a course of hydrotherapy and that helped quite a bit initially, but as the joints became more damaged, it stopped making a significant difference.

I'm considering acupuncture now. Does anybody know of a pet acupuncturist?

Edited by poulet on Nov 30, 2007 at 01:11 PM

Ruthbaby
Nov 30, 2007 01:29 PM  
Post #7 of 24

I love Kenneth Ma!
Senior Consultant

Singapore Yishun

Since Mar 3, 2006
5,504 posts
poulet,
Mount Pleasant at Whitely Rd has contact fir k9 acupunturist

cheers

vivianlee
Nov 30, 2007 02:07 PM  
Post #8 of 24

Regular

Singapore Paya Lebar

Since Sep 24, 2007
159 posts
poulet....

I must say, your dog is real lucky to have you...

Ruthbaby
Nov 30, 2007 02:09 PM  
Post #9 of 24

I love Kenneth Ma!
Senior Consultant

Singapore Yishun

Since Mar 3, 2006
5,504 posts
Yeah.. Maybe my dog might be my master in our next life
si lah.. sure kena hoot.. LOL

vivianlee
Nov 30, 2007 02:24 PM  
Post #10 of 24

Regular

Singapore Paya Lebar

Since Sep 24, 2007
159 posts

Ruthbaby: It's never too late to redeem yourself! Maybe you want to start now....

Pages 1 2 3 >

Can't find what you're looking for? Try a forum search.

309 ms
Return to Top

SHOPPE PLACE

Looking for pet shops / clinics?

About Us    |    Advertise    |    Contact Us   

Copyright © 2004-2014 Pets Channel All rights reserved   
Your use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use.