Singapore community pet portal dedicated to pets lovers of dogs, cats, hamsters, fishes, terrapins, rabbits, guinea pigs and more!
Dogs Channel Cats Channel Hamsters Channel Guinea Pigs Channel Terrapins Channel Fishes Channel Rabbits Channel
Sign In    My Pets    My Photos    My Mailbox     My Forums    My Adoptions    Join as Member   
Home » Forum

FORUM
 Home
 Search
 Recent Posts
 Latest 50 posts
 Latest 50 topics
 Most Popular Topics
 Most Active Members
 Rules & Regulations
 Banned Members
 HOW TO
  Upload Pet Photos
  Insert Pet Photos into forum posts
  Insert YouTube video into forum posts
  Resize Photos
  Get Photo hosting
  Insert Photos from other websites
  Contact Webmaster

Forum

Singapore Pets Channel DO NOT BRING YOUR PETS TO PET DREAMZ IN CASE THEY GOT ABUSED LIKE MY POOR DOG., Doggie News & Discussions, Kennels (Dogs)
Forum Home » Kennels (Dogs) » Doggie News & Discussions » DO NOT BRING YOUR PETS TO PET DREAMZ IN CASE THEY GOT ABUSED LIKE MY POOR DOG.
  Pages 1 2 3 4 >

DO NOT BRING YOUR PETS TO PET DREAMZ IN CASE THEY GOT ABUSED LIKE MY POOR DOG.
(38 replies)
assenavv
Oct 24, 2012 12:24 AM  
Post #1 of 39

Singapore Bukit Batok

Since Oct 24, 2012
14 posts
Dear all pets lovers,

I would like to share an experience I had with PETS DREAMZ 2nd outlet at BLK 271 BUKIT BATOK EAST AVENUE 4 #01-152 S(650271), their website is at http://auntyroselind.blogspot.sg/

DO NOT!!! do not ever patronize them and bring your pets there for grooming! I believe most pet shops in Singapore are owned by pets lovers who will love and care as much for your pets when you bring them for grooming. In fact most groomers are professional and care for pets so much and they took pride in their work hence treating pets like human beings when grooming them, making sure they wont feel scared or feel any pain in the process.

A few months ago, I brought my 2.5 years old mini maltese to Pets Dreamz at Bukit Batok for grooming, the groomer was a Fillipino employee and I warned him before hand that my dog is extremely fearful of strangers and during grooming session, she might even growl or bite in fear. He assured me that everything will be fine and I went home. During the noon when my aunt went to collect my dog and brought her home. She was muzzled and was extremely aggressive towards us suddenly, she was fearful of us touching her and was attempting to bite us in defense. Upon inspection, I realise that her whole body was red and patchy, her right eye was badly injuried and bloodshot red as compared to her left eye. Therefore, I went back to the pet shop to demand for an explanation. The female owner was around but she did not ask her groomer what happen nor did she extend her apologies toward me. I asked the groomer and demanded to know if he hits my dog and injuried her in the process of grooming. He denied non stop and keep retorting that my dog bit him, showing me his wounds on his arms.

Pet Dreamz owner kept quiet and only inspected my dog's eye and told me that her eye was indeed injuried, following which, she just pass me a vet namecard and told me to visit the vet if the reddness do not subside in days. Nothing was done further and she even told me to buy ear mites products to cure my dog's ear mites problem and even recommend a new dog food for her as my dog was red and patchy which she claimed is due to the dog food she had been consuming for years. I gave her the benefit of doubt, believed her and changed the dog food, bought the ear mites ear drop.

A few days later, bruises started appearing all over my dog's small body. I presumed that the groomer hit my dog in anger during the grooming process as my dog bite him due to fear. My dog is only 1.5kg and is smaller than the size of an arm yet he is heartless enough to beatt her till she was covered with bruises and even had a red injuried eye. Furthermore, my dog's body was red and patchy as a natural reaction due to irritation of the poor grooming session. My dog cant voice out or even talk hence when in fear or in pain, all he/she can do is bark or even bite just to defend herself. As a professional groomer, one should be well trained to attend to fearful or even aggressive dogs during grooming sessions. One should assured the dog during the session instead of flaring one's anger by beating the dog. There is absolutely no reason for the groomer to beat my dog. What disappoint me most is that the owner refused to question the groomer or even apologize for whatever happened. For a month, my dog remains very fearful of human beings even my whole family.

Within these months, Pet Dreamz still text me twice asking me to bring my dog back for grooming. After this horrible grooming experience, who would dare to bring their dog back for grooming? I told them what happened and told them to stop texting me as I will never ever patronize them again. All they did was ignore my reply.

So dear pets owners, DO NOT BRING YOUR PETS TO PET DREAMZ IN CASE THEY GOT ABUSED LIKE MY POOR DOG.

daphnelee
Oct 24, 2012 07:29 AM  
Post #2 of 39

Advanced

Singapore Simei

Since Apr 26, 2009
267 posts
Make a police report to voice out against animal cruelty. Take photos as evidence.

ranchu003
Oct 24, 2012 08:55 AM  
Post #3 of 39

I want nothing but truth
Lead Guru

Singapore Woodlands

Since Sep 28, 2009
2,765 posts
tat shop is small n yet maciam like so congested , pass by nia dont even bother to go in n hv a look , let rest tat i'll send my dog for grooming. TS , how much did u pay for full groom ? i've send my gal to the worst groomer oso nvr come back with brusies or red patches n it's been a few mths ago liao , too late for anything to be done. btw , its the your 1st try ? where u go usually ?

Ran

momojelly
Oct 24, 2012 09:47 AM  
Post #4 of 39

Advanced

Singapore Bedok

Since Mar 12, 2012
212 posts
i would recommend owners to watch the whole grooming process at least for the first trip, if the groomers doesn't allow i rather go to other places.

assenavv
Oct 24, 2012 10:32 AM  
Post #5 of 39

Singapore Bukit Batok

Since Oct 24, 2012
14 posts
Quote: Make a police report to voice out against animal cruelty. Take photos as evidence.
--- Original message by daphnelee on Oct 24, 2012 07:29 AM
I didn't know that I could do that! Guess its too late now all I can do is to warn fellow pet lovers to prevent such things from happening to them

assenavv
Oct 24, 2012 10:37 AM  
Post #6 of 39

Singapore Bukit Batok

Since Oct 24, 2012
14 posts
Quote: tat shop is small n yet maciam like so congested , pass by nia dont even bother to go in n hv a look , let rest tat i'll send my dog for grooming. TS , how much did u pay for full groom ? i've send my gal to the worst groomer oso nvr come back with brusies or red patches n it's been a few mths ago liao , too late for anything to be done. btw , its the your 1st try ? where u go usually ?

Ran
--- Original message by ranchu003 on Oct 24, 2012 08:55 AM
Cause I cut my mini Maltese fur to really short, guess they used a shaver? And the skills is not good hence resulting in skin irritation which the owner claims to be food allergy and ended up changing the topic and psycho me to buy dog food from them instead of giving a solution. Normally I bring her to my friend's friend pet shop in katong or the doggy salon in bukit timah. As pet Dreamz is just 5mins walk from my neighbourhood, I bought my dog there to try out the grooming service. Didn't know it ended up as a disaster!

assenavv
Oct 24, 2012 10:42 AM  
Post #7 of 39

Singapore Bukit Batok

Since Oct 24, 2012
14 posts
Quote: i would recommend owners to watch the whole grooming process at least for the first trip, if the groomers doesn't allow i rather go to other places.
--- Original message by momojelly on Oct 24, 2012 09:47 AM
I didn't know that was allowed! Cause so far, my dog was placed in cages to 'wait' for her turn before grooming. And they always have me a few hours later to come back for her.

momojelly
Oct 24, 2012 11:10 AM  
Post #8 of 39

Advanced

Singapore Bedok

Since Mar 12, 2012
212 posts
Quote:
Quote: i would recommend owners to watch the whole grooming process at least for the first trip, if the groomers doesn't allow i rather go to other places.
--- Original message by momojelly on Oct 24, 2012 09:47 AM
I didn't know that was allowed! Cause so far, my dog was placed in cages to 'wait' for her turn before grooming. And they always have me a few hours later to come back for her.
--- Original message by assenavv on Oct 24, 2012 10:42 AM
in this case, i would put the dog there, tell them to call me when its my dog's turn for grooming and i'll be there to keep watch OR call me when the previous dog is almost done with grooming so i can bring my dog down to groom right away.

groomers that doesn't allow owners to see are the most suspicious ones, if they have nothing to hide why can't we see? if they are afraid we would distract the dogs then just place a glass door, its not that hard.

junetan7
Oct 24, 2012 11:21 AM  
Post #9 of 39

Lead Guru

Singapore

Since Jan 14, 2006
2,607 posts
such horrible groomer!!

I always refuse to have my dog caged.
I rather be with him till his turn for grooming then watch the whole process even if I have to stand for a few hours.

the last grooming session, he came home and scratched himself bad.
then I found tiny full-stops like ticks on him.
fed up.

and many of those good reviews cannot be trusted.

maja06
Oct 24, 2012 01:03 PM  
Post #10 of 39

Singapore Punggol

Since Jun 30, 2012
12 posts
I recall another recent case where the dog's leg was BROKEN at the groomer's -- was it not at Bukit Batok too?

I visited the AMK branch once, and peeked into the grooming area at the back of the shop. The staff member "handling" the dog didn't look like he was even comfortable dealing with doggies. There was also one "lost" poodle walking around on the floor for some reason...

Edited by maja06 on Oct 24, 2012 at 01:11 PM

Pages 1 2 3 4 >

Can't find what you're looking for? Try a forum search.

293 ms
Return to Top

SHOPPE PLACE

Looking for pet shops / clinics?

About Us    |    Advertise    |    Contact Us   

Copyright © 2004-2014 Pets Channel All rights reserved   
Your use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use.