Singapore community pet portal dedicated to pets lovers of dogs, cats, hamsters, fishes, terrapins, rabbits, guinea pigs and more!
Dogs Channel Cats Channel Hamsters Channel Guinea Pigs Channel Terrapins Channel Fishes Channel Rabbits Channel
Sign In    My Pets    My Photos    My Mailbox     My Forums    My Adoptions    Join as Member   
Home » Forum

FORUM
 Home
 Search
 Recent Posts
 Latest 50 posts
 Latest 50 topics
 Most Popular Topics
 Most Active Members
 Rules & Regulations
 Banned Members
 HOW TO
  Upload Pet Photos
  Insert Pet Photos into forum posts
  Insert YouTube video into forum posts
  Resize Photos
  Get Photo hosting
  Insert Photos from other websites
  Contact Webmaster

PetSmart

Forum

Singapore Pets Channel Quarantine and Vets in Singapore, Doggie News & Discussions, Kennels (Dogs)
Forum Home » Kennels (Dogs) » Doggie News & Discussions » Quarantine and Vets in Singapore
  Pages 1 2 >

Quarantine and Vets in Singapore
(14 replies)
vonkoh
Jun 7, 2010 04:14 PM  
Post #1 of 15

Regular

Singapore Simei

Since Jul 20, 2009
127 posts
Hello all,

My husband and i will be moving back to Singapore from China after 5 long years here.
My biggest worry is really how the 30 days quarantine will be for our little boy.

Does anyone have any experience with the Quarantine Center or how your dogs are after returning from the Quarantine Center? I tried to go check out the place, but was told i cant just pop in to have a look

Any advice or sharing of experience will be appreciated.

Also would like to ask if anyone have a good vet to recommend? We are going to be living in the east (Simei).

Thank you

anderson
Jun 7, 2010 06:10 PM  
Post #2 of 15
Regular

Singapore Serangoon

Since Aug 7, 2009
110 posts
My understanding although the quarantine centre is opened 9-5pm but visiting hours is only 2 hours in the late afternoon.

Place is located in sembawang. not very easily assessable. Clean thou. There is a yard where you can bring your dog out and spend quality time when you visit.

A few pple I know who have returned overseas found it to be a painful affair for themselves and their pets during the quarantine period as the time spent was very short and the trauma of having to walk out of the place saying goodbye to their pets. But once the month is over it was a huge sigh of relief.

Good vets in your area would be Animal Recovery Centre located at Tampines St 11, or Animal Clinic at Telok Kurau.

vonkoh
Jun 8, 2010 09:50 AM  
Post #3 of 15

Regular

Singapore Simei

Since Jul 20, 2009
127 posts
Thanks so much, Anderson.
Its good to know that the area is at least clean and have a yard.

Like you said, it will be painful esp walking out of the place and saying good bye. As it is, whenever we have to travel and leave Buster at the pet hotel, i am already crying when i drop him off.... i cant imagine the crying i will do in that month.. haha..

Thanks for your recommendation on vets. I will check them out when i return.

Meanwhile, i am just keeping my fingers crossed on our flight and quarantine experience...

homer
Jun 9, 2010 03:50 AM  
Post #4 of 15

shi meh?
Learner

Singapore Aljunied

Since Jun 29, 2007
29 posts
The funny thing about these quarantine rules....

China to Singapore: quarantine needed

Hong Kong to Singapore: NO quarantine needed

China to Hong Kong : NO quarantine needed...

get the picture??

hollandlops
Jun 9, 2010 08:32 AM  
Post #5 of 15

Senior

Singapore

Since Jul 17, 2006
359 posts
China to HongKong - Min. 4 months quarantine

vonkoh
Jun 9, 2010 09:11 AM  
Post #6 of 15

Regular

Singapore Simei

Since Jul 20, 2009
127 posts
ya.. the quarantine rules can be a little bizzarre!
From China to UK, the quarantine is 6 months!!!!! so luckily we are coming back to Singapore first (from Spore to UK, no need quarantine, phew).

The other thing i dont understand is - to bring a pet back to Singapore now, we will need to send the blood to a lap in UK to test for rabies (which is damn expensive!). If we already pass the test, why do we still need 1 whole month of quarantine????? Do they not trust the blood test results that they make us take? if dont trust, then why make us take the test?

Oh well, anyway, we can only blap away.. nothing we can do to change the rules i suppose.. :-X

Sachiko
Jun 9, 2010 11:47 AM  
Post #7 of 15

Prepare to be moderated :P
Senior Moderator

Singapore Yishun

Since Feb 1, 2006
5,257 posts
I suppose china must have a lot of rabies cases... the new ruling was that pets from rabies-free countries do not need or have less quarantine time.

Some diseases need time to develop before a positive test result can be obtained, rabies being the most dangerous to local pets and wildlife I suppose

homer
Jun 10, 2010 11:13 PM  
Post #8 of 15

shi meh?
Learner

Singapore Aljunied

Since Jun 29, 2007
29 posts
Quote: China to HongKong - Min. 4 months quarantine
--- Original message by hollandlops on Jun 9, 2010 08:32 AM
Sisters,

China to Hong Kong need 4 months meh?

My friend from China always send his dogs to Hong Kong for dog show, he told me dont need...

maybe some miscommunications...

hollandlops
Jun 10, 2010 11:18 PM  
Post #9 of 15

Senior

Singapore

Since Jul 17, 2006
359 posts
It's on the AFCD website leh..China is under group 3 which is min 4 months..

vonkoh
Jun 11, 2010 01:06 PM  
Post #10 of 15

Regular

Singapore Simei

Since Jul 20, 2009
127 posts
Quote: I suppose china must have a lot of rabies cases... the new ruling was that pets from rabies-free countries do not need or have less quarantine time.

Some diseases need time to develop before a positive test result can be obtained, rabies being the most dangerous to local pets and wildlife I suppose
--- Original message by Sachiko on Jun 9, 2010 11:47 AM
i suppose you are right, Sachiko.
Just have to cross my fingers and hope for the best for my baby....

Pages 1 2 >

Can't find what you're looking for? Try a forum search.

321 ms
Return to Top

SHOPPE PLACE

Looking for pet shops / clinics?

About Us    |    Advertise    |    Contact Us   

Copyright © 2004-2014 Pets Channel All rights reserved   
Your use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use.